- With Windows 11, Microsoft added some subtle improvements and new features to uplift the user experience.
- One of those cool new features that the Redmond giant added is the support for widgets with Windows 11.
- In this article, we will help you customize Windows 11 widgets menu with ease.
With Windows 11, Microsoft has added some subtle improvements and new features to enhance the user experience. One of these new features is the addition of support for widgets. Users can access the Widgets panel directly from the desktop by clicking the Widgets button on the taskbar or pressing the “Windows + W” key combination.
Widgets in Windows 11 are a collection of different tiles that display the latest news, weather reports, current sports scores, and more. There are no third-party widgets currently available and the Widgets app only provides content through Microsoft-owned services.
However, many users want to customize the Widgets panel in Windows 11 to their preferences. Therefore, today we will help you customize the widgets in Windows 11.
Resizing Widgets in Windows 11
Windows 11 allows users to resize widgets to their liking, as some may find the default widget size unappealing. Users can choose between three widget sizes in Windows 11: Small, Medium and Large.
Okay, but how do I choose between these sizes? Let us take a detailed look at how you can resize widgets in Windows 11.
- Open the widgets menu and navigate to the widget you wish to resize.
- Click on the three dots icon on the top-right corner of the widget. Here you will be greeted with all the widget size options we mentioned earlier.
- Pick one size based on your preferences, and boom, you have successfully resized the widget in Windows 11.
Personalize your Windows 11 Widgets feed
Okay, you have resized some widgets, but how can you personalize the Widgets panel in Windows 11 to suit your interests? Do not worry, you can easily add new widgets and personalize your Widgets menu. Let us take a look.
- Open the widgets menu and click on the add widget option in the bottom center of the widgets panel.
- Here, a new window will pop up, and you will be greeted with a plethora of widget categories.
- Select the personalize your interests option right below the various widget categories.
- Now, it will redirect you to Microsoft’s website, where you can choose your interests. You can select your interests across different categories like news feed, entertainment, health, lifetime, and many more.
- Once done, Microsoft will sync your interests and display the information based on your interests.
- For example, if you have chosen Cricket as an interest, it will display live cricket scores directly in the widgets menu. Now, how useful is that?
Add or Remove Widgets
I find the widgets menu very cluttered and clunky with many unnecessary widgets. Can I remove these widgets and replace them with some useful ones? Yes, indeed you can. In fact, Microsoft has made adding or removing widgets quite easy. Let us take a look at it.
Removing a Windows 11 Widget
- Launch the widgets menu using the “Windows+W” keyboard shortcut and navigate the widget you want to remove.
- Click on the three-dotted icon in the upper-right corner of the widget and choose the remove widget option from the drop-down list.
Adding a Windows 11 Widget
- Launch the widgets menu using the “Windows+W” keyboard shortcut and hit the add widget option.
- Once done, a new window will pop up. Here, you will see several widget categories.
- Click on the + icon in front of the category to add that widget to your widgets panel in Windows 11.
Tweaking Individual Widgets in Windows 11
Did you know that you can customize individual widgets after adding them to the Widgets panel?
Microsoft has made it possible to tweak some aspects of the widgets to suit user preferences. However, keep in mind that different widgets offer different customization options depending on the type of widget.
Take the weather widget, for example. Users can customize the widget by clicking the icon with three dots in the upper-right corner of the widget and selecting the options to customize the Windows 11 widget.
You can now customize various aspects of the weather widget, such as the location, change the unit from Fahrenheit to Celsius, and more.
Customize Windows 11 Widgets with ease
As you have seen, Microsoft provides some great customization options for widgets in Windows 11. Users have numerous widgets to choose from, such as entertainment widgets, finance widgets, stock widgets, upcoming events widgets, and more.
All of these widgets help improve the user experience in Windows 11 and are worth trying out once. Let us know in the comments below if you have tried the new Widgets menu in Windows 11 and if you like this new change from Microsoft.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I change the positions of the widgets in Windows 11?
Yes. Users can quickly move the widgets in the widget panel by simply hovering the mouse over the widget. Once the cursor turns into a hand, drag the widget to the desired location.
2. Is it possible to disable the widgets menu entirely in windows 11?
Fortunately, Microsoft allows users to disable the Widgets menu in Windows 11 by default. We have already published detailed instructions on how to disable the Widgets menu in Windows 11.
3. How to personalize the news feed in Windows 11?
If you want to personalize the News Feed in Windows 11, navigate to the News section in the Widgets bar. Click the three-dot icon in the lower-right corner of the News widget and select Manage Interests.
Once you have selected your interests, Windows 11 will display a curated news list based on your preferences. If you still feel that you are not interested in a certain type of news stories, simply click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the widget and hit Fewer stories like this option.
4. How do I add a clock widget in Windows 11?
To add a clock widget in Windows 11, you will need to open the Clock & Alarm app, which can be found in the Start Menu. From there, you will need to select the Clock tab, then the Clock widget that you want. Once you have selected it, simply slide the widget into your preferred position on the screen.
5. How do I add widgets to the taskbar in Windows 11?
If you are looking to add (or remove) the Widgets button on the Windows 11 Taskbar, simply follow the steps below:
- Right-click the Taskbar and select “Taskbar settings.”
- On the settings page, go to Taskbar Items and click the Show Widgets button if you want to see widgets (or unclick if you want to hide it from the taskbar).