Google has been constantly expanding Play store payment options in India. Recently, they added a vast variety of operators under their carrier billing feature for getting more citizens to purchase content such as games, movies, books, and others. However, a couple of days back, Paytm too announced that they’ve updated their service by one-click recharges for your Google Play accounts, here’s how to use it.
For starters, make sure you’ve the latest version of Paytm on your Android phone. Head over to this link to check.
How to Add Google Play Credit Through Paytm
- Fire up the Paytm app. Locate “Google Play” under the “Recharge or Pay Bills for” section. Tap it once found.
- Now enter the balance that you want to add to your Google Play account. The minimum amount is INR 100, while the maximum is INR 1500. Do note there are also cashback offers available on Paytm, you can check them by scrolling down.
- Next up, click “Proceed” or “Fast forward” if you want to pay through the available Paytm balance. Clicking the former will take you to the payments page.
- If you’re spending from a credit card or any other service, go through the required process of authenticating.
- Lastly, you’ll land on the success page. In case, the transaction has failed, you can go through it again or Paytm will also send you a message if you’d like to retry the same.
- Paytm will then send you the recharge code on your registered mobile number.
- Once you’ve received it, launch the Google Play store, swipe from the left edge, and tap the “redeem” entry from the drawer.
- Paste the recharge code you received in the SMS. and press redeem.
For some reason, if the transaction failed or you didn’t get the text, head over to the “My Orders” tab on the Paytm app and there, you can check the code.
That’s all for this short guide. Let us know in the comments section if you’re stuck at some point.