World’s first ever working PS3 Jailbreak modchip named PS jailbreak was announced just a couple of days back. Fortunately enough, it has been proved to be genuine and actually working by several gamers from different parts of the world. Jailbreaking the Playstation 3 will let you play copied games and let you free from using the original discs all the time. Now you do no need to worry much about your original disc getting corrupted or getting scratched. Thanks to the Spanish site, Elotrolado we now have a detailed guide on how to Jailbreak/Mod PS3 using PS Jailbreak modchip tool.
Things you need before Modding PS3
A PS3 console with firmware 3.41 and above.
PS Jailbreak USB Modchip (need to buy from OzModChip)
An external USB drive formatted to FAT32 with the “Backup Manager” file on it.
Original disc of any PS3 game which you want to backup.
Guide to Jailbreak/Mod PS3 using PS Jailbreak
1. Power off your console and make sure that there isn’t any disc in the Blu-ray drive. If your PS3 is a slim mode, make sure you remove the power chord before plugging in the USB. If your PS 3 is the FAT model, just turn off the power switch found at the backside of the console.
2. Now insert the USB based PS Jailbreak Modchip to any USB port of your choice on the console. Once the USB is in place, Power ON the console and immediately press the “Eject” button. There should now be two LEDs turned-on on the USB as the console is loading.
If the LED light on the USB turns green, it means the PS Jailbreak has been successfully loaded and you are ready to start with the jailbreak.
If the LED turns red, then it means that the PS Jailbreak Modchip didn’t load successfully. This usually happens when the Power and Eject button sequence wasn’t performed properly. Start from Step 1 again if you end up having the red light.
3. Once the console has finished booting up with the PS Jailbreak Modchip, plug-in the external USB storage device which has the “Backup Manager” setup to the console’s USB port.
4. Now navigate to the “Game Menu” and select the option “Install Package Files” and then select “manager.pkg” file. This will basically install the “Backup Manager” application that you downloaded earlier to your hard drive.
5. Once the Back Up Manager is installed, select the Back Up Manager and press X button to run it.
6. After you have opened the Back Up Manager, put in a DVD of the game and select whether to make a back up on the internal HDD, or the external USB storage device. If you want to make a back up on the external HDD, press “O”.
7. To load a previously created back up, insert a game DVD in console then select the desired back up from the Back Up Manager and press “X” to install the game. You can also delete your previously created back up by pressing “^”.
8. Now you will be taken back to the main menu. In the “Game Menu” you will see the game which you have backed up. Now you can select the game, and run it without having the disc in the console’s drive.
Quite obviously, you are required to keep the PS Jailbreak USB Modchip connected to your console all the time while playing games running from the backup.
Disclaimer: This guide is for informative and education purposes only. We are not responsible for any loss of data and non-working of the console. Do it at your own risk.