How to Backup and Restore Your Call History and Contacts on Truecaller
Recover deleted call history from Truecaller
Truecaller has consistently remained one of those few applications which most people, especially in countries like India, tend to install as soon as they switch to a new phone or reset their current one. However, up until now, the Sweden-based company hadn’t introduced any ways to make the setup process any simpler. With the latest update, the Android app now comes with a backup and restore option which allows you to quickly sync all your data. Here’s how to use it.
How to Backup Your Contacts, Call History, Logs on Truecaller
- To get started, ensure you have the most recent version of Truecaller (8.7.7.+) installed on your phone by heading over to the Play Store and download any pending releases. If you haven’t received the update yet, you can always head over to APK Mirror and sideload the latest file.
- Next, launch the app and swipe from the left edge towards the right for revealing the navigation drawer. Tap “Settings” and then, “Truecaller Backup”.
- Enable the first item for initiating the backup of all your Truecaller data which includes call logs, history, contacts, and even preferences. In addition to that, the feature covers “Truecaller Contacts” which essentially are profiles of unknown numbers you’ve viewed but not saved on your phone. You will need to be logged in with Google credentials as Truecaller employs the former’s Drive service.
- That’s about it. Once the option has been turned on, Truecaller should begin uploading your content to your connected Google ID. You can alter between multiple accounts in the same setting page. Moreover, there’s an option to force the backup and specify the frequency of how often Truecaller should backup.
How to Restore Your Contacts, Call History, Logs on Truecaller
The restoring process is rather straightforward. As soon as you fire up Truecaller on a new phone, the app will push a prompt asking whether if you would like to restore an earlier backup. You can not manually sync data from your old phone, hence skip with caution. It’s also not cross-platform and is limited to the Android app for now. Perhaps, in the future, Truecaller may bring cross-platform compatibility and let you restore the data later as well.
FAQ on Contacts, Call History, Logs on Truecaller
1. How to recover deleted call history from Truecaller
Truecaller has an automatic backup system. If you have uninstalled Truecaller for any reason or changed your phone, don’t worry. You will get everything back. Truecaller will automatically backup all of your personal information, including your phone number, call history, and other information. Truecaller will upload the backed-up files to your Google Drive. It will create a private folder to store them. They won’t see this folder.
2. How can I see my Truecaller call details?
Tap the Dialpad icon on the Home tab. You will see your frequently called contacts as well as recent calls. When in this view, tap the three dots at the top to see a filtered list of outgoing, incoming, missed, and blocked calls.
This is all for this quick guide, let us know in the comments section if you are stuck at some step.