How to Try the new Gmail Redesign or Revert the Old One
After being leaked extensively over the past few weeks, Gmail’s biggest redesign since 2013 is now live. However, it’s still in early stages and won’t be activated automatically by Google just yet. Instead, you will have to switch it on manually in the settings. Here’s how to do that.
Before that, though, you should know that the update is not yet available for everyone. It has begun rolling out only a few hours ago and chances are you still haven’t received it. So follow the below guide to know if it’s activated for you yet or not.
Try the New Gmail Redesign
- To get started, head over to Gmail and login to your account.
- Once you’re in, look for the “cogwheel” icon on the top right. That’s your way in.
- There, if you’re one of the lucky ones, you’ll find a link called “Try the new Gmail.”
- Hit that and you will be greeted with the new Gmail redesign. That’s it.
Revert the Old Gmail Design
If you don’t feel right at home with the new update just yet, you can also revert back to the old one. The process to do that is nearly identical.
- Open the menu page again through the “cogwheel” icon.
- Instead of the link we mentioned earlier, there will be now an option titled “Go back to classic Gmail.”
- Select that and you’re all set.
Although my suggestion is to get used to the revamp as soon as possible because I’m guessing the old design won’t around stick around forever. It’s also a lot better, there’s self-destructing emails, options for snoozing, smart replies, and a whole lot more. Read all about it right here.
That’s it for this quick guide, do let us know in the comment section down below what do you think of the new Gmail update.