Redmi 7, the smartphone that launched in China last month, has now officially made its way in India. To give you a background, the Redmi 7 comes in three configurations in China: 2GB + 16GB, 3GB + 32GB, and 4GB + 64GB, and is priced at 699 yuan, 799 yuan, and 999 yuan.
The Redmi 7 features a 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ Dot Notch display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top. The back of the device comes with an Aura Smoke Design, which has been built upon the Aura Design that was introduced with the Redmi Note 7 series.
Coming to performance, the Redmi 7 is powered by a 14nm-based 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 chipset with Adreno 506 GPU, paired with 2GB or 3GB of RAM, and 16GB or 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 512GB using a microSD card). In terms of other hardware specifications, the device comes with a 3.5mm audio jack, IR sensor, AI face unlock, and rear-mounted fingerprint scanner for authentication. It comes with a 4000mAh battery and runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
Talking about camera specifications, the Redmi 7 sports an AI dual camera setup on the rear with a 12MP primary sensor with f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP secondary sensor for depth sensing. The rear camera also comes with PDAF, AI scene detection, dual-LED flash, and the ability to shoot 1080p video at 60fps. On the front, it has an 8MP camera for selfies with AI portrait mode, AI beautify 4.0, and palm shutter.
Redmi 7 Specifications
- 6.26-inch HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 chipset with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB or 3GB RAM, and 16GB or 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 512GB using a microSD card)
- AI dual camera setup on the rear (12MP primary sensor with f/2/2 aperture + 2MP secondary sensor), 8MP camera on the front
- 3.5mm audio jack, IR sensor, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and AI face unlock
- 4000mAh battery
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
Redmi 7 Pricing and Availability
The Redmi 7 comes in three colour options: Lunar Red, Comet Blue, and Eclipse Black. And two RAM and internal storage configurations: 2GB + 16GB and 3GB + 32GB, priced at Rs 7,999 and Rs 8,999 respectively. It will go on sale in India starting April 29 at 12 Noon on Mi.com, Mi Home, and Amazon.