Augmenting on its customer-obsession, Reliance Jio has today announced new tariff plans, which it suggests is to celebrate ‘NAYE INDIA KA NAYA JOSH‘. The new JioFiber Home tariff plans start at Rs 399 per month and promise to offer truly unlimited (no FUP) internet with symmetric speeds. Besides, the company also suggests that it be offering a no-condition 30-day free trial to new customers (with benefits and add-ons). Here’s a closer look at the new plans.
New JioFiber Plans
The all-new Jio Fiber plans start at Rs 399 per month and go all the way up to Rs 1499. With a total of four new plans, which come in at Rs 399, Rs 699, Rs 999, and Rs 1499, the company offers truly unlimited internet (with no data cap) and unlimited voice. Here’s what the internet speeds on each of these plans offer:
- Rs 399 – 30 Mbps
- Rs 699 – 100 Mbps
- Rs 999 – 150 Mbps
- Rs 1499 – 300 Mbps
The speed across all four plans is symmetric, meaning you get the same download and upload speed, as opposed to some other operators that offer asymmetric (high download, low upload) speeds. Furthermore, the Rs 999 and Rs 1499 plans also come bundled with OTT subscriptions for services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony Liv, Sun Nxt, Alt Balaji, etc. With the Rs 999 plan, customers will get subscriptions for 11 OTT platforms (worth Rs 1000) at no extra cost, whereas the Rs 1499 plan has a total of 12 OTT subscriptions (worth Rs 1500) included in the plan. We guess the twelfth OTT which is absent from Rs 999 plan is Netflix but will wait for the confirmation.
Moving from the new tariff plans to the introductory free-trial offer, Reliance Jio is offering a 30-day free trial of the service for new customers. Under the offer, new JioFiber customers will get 150 Mbps of truly unlimited internet with free voice calling, along with a 4K set-top box with access to the top 10 paid OTT apps (at no additional cost). Furthermore, customers who have recently got on board with JioFiber, between August 15 and 31, will get the 30-day free trial benefit as a voucher in the MyJio app.
At the end of the 30-day free trial, if a customer is not satisfied with the service and wants to back out, the company says it will take back the service without enquiring. As for the ‘Truly unlimited’ claim, we are told that there is no FUP, but the plans are only meant for personal and not commercial use.
JioFiber Installation charges
For the free trial, there will be Rs 2500 refundable deposit for those who intend to try out the 4K Set Top Box as well. Else, it will be Rs 1500 as a refundable security deposit.
JioFiber ‘Truly Unlimited’ Plan details
So what exactly does Jio mean when they say ‘Truly unlimited’ plans. Absolutely no FUP? Well, here are the details:
- Commercial use policy of 3300 GB applicable to all Truly Unlimited Plans. Apparently, this is some TRAI rule to avoid commercialization. 3.3 TB of high-speed data per month sounds more than fair.
- The tariffs are exclusive of Goods and Service Tax (GST) unless mentioned otherwise. One month denotes 30 days unless specified otherwise.
- The Plans are intended only for the personal use of included services.
- The voice benefits under the Plan voucher cannot be used for outgoing calls to premium numbers, IN numbers and other chargeable short codes.
- Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity.
- The data used by the consumers for Jio applications, Video calls, and other content available on the internet would be uniformly debited against plan data allocation. So no special treatments for Jio apps.
- Data charges will be applicable for both incoming and outgoing video calls.