Xiaomi took to stage today to unveil its latest Mi 10T series globally. The series includes three smartphones: Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, and Mi 10T Lite, all of which come with 5G connectivity, with the Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro being top-fo-the-line models, featuring an identical design and almost the same specifications — except for the camera, and the Mi 10T Lite coming in as a mid-range offering with slightly watered-down specifications and a different design language. Of the lot, the Mi 10T Pro appears to have a list of some interesting features. Here’s a rundown of the same.
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro: Feature Highlights
1. The Mi 10T Pro features a glass-metal sandwich design that is reminiscent of some of the premium flagship smartphones over the past few years. It comes in three colors: Cosmic Black, Lunar Silver, and Aurora Blue.
2. Upfront, the device has a 6.67-inch DotDisplay, which comes with a hole-punch cutout to house the front-facing camera. The display is an IPS LCD and offers an FHD+ screen resolution with support for DCI-P3 color gamut and HDR10. It comes with what Xiaomi calls a ‘triple Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection’- for front, back and camera module. And it also has the TÜV Rheinland certification.
3. What’s interesting about the display on the Mi 10T Pro is that it comes with the AdaptiveSync technology, which automatically matches the refresh rate of each app — fro anywhere between 33Hz-144Hz — to offer a smooth experience while also optimizing power consumption. So, based on what it is that you are doing, the refresh rate of the display dynamically adapts to the app. Furthermore, to compensate for the lack of support, the display also incorporates the MEMC technology for a smoother experience.
4. Moving to the performance, the latest Xiaomi flagship runs on Snapdragon 865, which is an octa-core chipset built on the 7nm process with 5G connectivity. The 865 includes the Adreno 650 GPU for handling all the graphics processing and has the Snapdragon X55 5G modem-RF system to offer 5G connectivity.
5. To assist the processor, the Mi 10T Pro comes with 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 onboard storage. It runs on MIUI 12 out of the box.
6. The Mi 10T Pro comes with a 5000mAh battery to power the internals, which is pretty much the standard for smartphones in 2020. It charges over USB Type-C and includes support for 33W wired fast charging. According to Xiaomi, the 33W charger, bundled in the box, can charge the device to 100% in only 59 minutes.
7. Talking about the Mi 10T Pro’s camera prowess, the device sports a triple-camera array on the rear arranged in a rectangular module. The setup for which includes a 108MP primary (Samsung HMX) sensor with an f/1.69 aperture, OIS, AF, and 30x digital zoom. The primary sensor is accompanied by a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with an f/2.4 aperture and 123° FoV, and a 5MP macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, the device has a 20MP (Samsung S5K3T2) sensor with an f/2.2 aperture for selfies and Face Unlock.
The rear cameras on the Mi 10T Pro offer a few different shooting modes, such as Long Exposure, Timed Burst, Night Mode 2.0, Night Selfie Mode, AI SkyScaping 3.0, and Photo Clones alongside different AI photo filters. Similarly, the front cameras also bring a bunch of different capturing modes like Timed Burst, Night Mode, Palm Shutter, Panorama Selfie, among others.
8. Talking about video shooting capabilities, the Mi 10T Pro supports 8K video recording at 24/30fps, 4K at 30/60fps, all the way down to 720p at 30fps. When it comes to slow-mo, the camera allows for 720p/1080p at 20/240/960fps. On the other hand, the front-facing 20MP shooter can record up to 1080p at fps, with 720p slow-mo at 120fps. Talking about features, the camera on the Mi 10T Pro comes with Video Clone, Dual Video, and Time-Lapse Selfie Mode.
9. Lastly, talking about connectivity. The Mi 10T Pro comes with 5G connectivity, with support for n1/n3/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n41/n77/n78 bands. In addition, it also offers dual 4G VoLTE connectivity on the cellular front, alongside Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC.
10. With the essential features and specifications out of the way, there are a few additional features that the Mi 10T Pro has in store. These include an X-axis linear vibration motor, multi-functional NFC, liquid cool technology to aid during gaming, 3D audio recording and playback, dual stereo speakers, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Moreover, it supports AAC, LDAC, and LHDC audio codec, with support for FLAC, AAC, OGG, and WAV.
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro: Pricing
The Mi 10T Pro comes in two configurations: 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB, which are priced at €599 and €649, respectively.