- Windows 11 brought a slew of changes and improvements for the users, and in the process, Microsoft made certain tweaks to the taskbar on Windows.
- However, a lot of users find the taskbar to be either too big or small for their liking.
- Today, we will see how you can change taskbar size on WIndows 11 with ease.
Windows 11 brought a number of changes and improvements to its users, and in the process, Microsoft made some changes to the Windows 11 taskbar.
The Windows taskbar has been more or less on the left side of the screen for several years now. However, with its latest desktop operating system, the tech giant has moved the taskbar’s position to the center of the screen, which has met with mixed reactions from the public.
We have already covered a detailed guide on how you can change the taskbar position on Windows 11.
The size of the Windows 11 taskbar is also judged differently: Some find it too small, while others consider it too big. But do not worry because today, we are going to help you resize the taskbar in Windows 11 with ease.
Steps to change Windows 11 taskbar size
You can not change the size of the taskbar natively through the Windows settings. Therefore, we will make specific changes in the Windows registry to resize the taskbar in Windows 11 easily.
Let us take a detailed look at how you can resize the taskbar using the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open the start menu and type Regedit in the search menu
- Launch the registry editor and paste the following command in the address bar and press enter
- The advanced folder will already be highlighted now, right-click on it and choose New from the drop-down menu.
- Another drop-down menu will appear; here, double-click on the DWORD entry (32-bit) Value option.
- Once done, a new registry entry will be created, rename the entry to TaskbarSi, and press enter.
- A pop-up window will appear. The default taskbar size will be 0, which is the smallest, 1 is the medium size, and 2 is even more prominent. If you still wish to increase the size, enter the value in ascending order, and it will increase the size.
- After you have successfully entered your preferred value, press ok and restart your PC.
- Now, your taskbar size should be changed as per your preferences.
However, if you think that the default taskbar was better after changing the values and want to undo all the changes you just made, it’s easy. Let us take a look.
- Open start menu and launch registry editor
- Now again, input the following command in the address bar and press enter.
- Now look for the TaskbarSi entry we created earlier and right-click on it.
- Choose delete from the drop-down list and press enter. Hit ok again on the confirmation pop-up and restart your PC.
- Once done, your taskbar size should be back to normal.
Disclaimer: The registry editor is a practical and, at the same time, powerful tool. Changing the registry key incorrectly may cause the PC to stop working, so please try it at your own risk.
Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11 with ease
As you have seen, resizing the Taskbar in Windows 11 is a fairly straightforward process without much fuss. With this method, users can shrink or enlarge the Taskbar depending on their preferences and undo all the changes if needed. Besides the size of the taskbar, the method also updates the size of the taskbar icons accordingly.
Were you able to change Windows 11 taskbar size? What do you think of the new taskbar design on Windows 11? Let us know your thoughts via the comments section below.