How to Create a Custom Icon Pack for Android
Now, try out as many as icon packs you want!
- One of the reasons why many people prefer buying Android devices over iPhones is customization.
- Users can apply themes, use custom icons, and do much more in Android.
- Creating a custom icon pack for Android is one of the many personalization acts that we will talk about in this guide.
Icon packs have been around for a while on Android. However, despite the myriad of Android icon packs out there, there are times when none of them suit your vogue. When this happens, your only resort is to build an icon pack from scratch.
Icon Pack Studio is one of the best apps to create custom icon packs for Android. Creating icon packs through this app is pretty straightforward: you install the app and follow a series of personalization steps for specifying your choice of colors, gradients, background, and whatnot. Once that is complete, you can simply export the icon pack and apply it to any launcher you’d like.
In this guide, we will guide you through the steps involved in using Icon Pack Studio to create a custom icon pack for Android.
- An Android smartphone
- Icon Pack Studio app
- Third-Party Android launchers like Nova or Action Launcher
Steps to Create a Custom Icon Pack for Android Using Icon Pack Studio
First things first, download the Icon Pack Studio app on your device from the link below. Once installed, follow the steps below to create a custom icon pack.
Download: Icon Pack Studio
- Set the third-party launcher you downloaded earlier as default. To do this, go to Settings > App management > Default apps > Launcher.
- Open the Icon Pack Studio app and click on the New button below the search bar.
- Choose an icon type from Adaptive, Minimal, and Textual.
- Now, depending on your preference, you can change the logo or background color of the icon, resize the icon by adjusting its height and width, and much more.
- After you are done tweaking the icon, click on the Preview button on the top to view the icon pack you just created.
- Click on the Save and hit Overwrite.
For some reason, if the icon pack does not get applied correctly, you can apply it manually from the launcher. To do this, instead of clicking on Save and Overwrite, click on the Apply button and press OK twice. Now, a notification will pop up saying, “Your icon pack is ready“. Tap on the notification and install the APK file.
Once done, depending on what launcher you use, you can apply the installed icon pack using the steps in the following sections accordingly.
Applying a Custom Icon Pack in Nova Launcher
- Long press on the home screen and click on Settings.
- Navigate to the Look & feel tab and hit Icon style.
- Click on the Icon theme option and choose the exported icon pack. It will now apply the custom icons you created earlier on Icon Pack Studio.
Applying a Custom Icon Pack in Action Launcher
- Long press on the home screen and click on the Home Settings option.
- Choose Appearance from the list and click on the icon pack.
- Select the icon pack we installed earlier, and your custom icon pack will get applied to the Action launcher.
Customizing Android Icon Packs Has Never Been Easier
As we mentioned earlier, Android is all about customization and the flexibility it offers. Owing to this, you can follow the steps mentioned above to create a custom Android icon pack using Icon Pack Studio and use it on your device for a more personalized experience.
Note: The article was written originally by Shubham Agarwal back in July 2017. It was updated to reflect the latest developments in November 2021.