Cleanup.pictures: The Best Tool to Remove Unwanted Objects from Photos
Easily get rid of undesired elements in your photos!
- Being stuck with photobombed pictures or pictures with unwanted elements in them can be frustrating.
- While Photoshop (and other similar tools) can help you remove undesired elements from photos, using them can be challenging.
- Cleanup.pictures simplifies this equation and lets you remove unwanted objects from photos right from your web browser.
Being stuck with photobombed pictures or pictures with unwanted elements in them can be frustrating. While you can use photo-editing tools like Photoshop to remove unwanted objects from such pictures, it isn’t a viable option for those unfamiliar with the program.
Similarly, another option is to use dedicated object remover tools to remove unwanted objects from images. However, since most of these tools aren’t very effective at their job and often leave pixelated stains behind, they aren’t an ideal solution either.
A good alternative to both these approaches is a web-based object eraser tool called Cleanup.pictures. Here’s a guide describing what Cleanup.pictures is and how you can use it to remove unwanted objects from your pictures.
What Is Cleanup.pictures?
Cleanup.pictures is a web app that lets you clean up your pictures by getting rid of unwanted objects in them. It’s available as both a free and a paid service. With the free version, you can process images at 720p, whereas the Cleanup Pro scales up the resolution to 2K with no compression.
If it matters to you, Cleanup says it discards all images it processes immediately after processing to protect your privacy.
How Does Cleanup.pictures Work?
Cleanup.pictures is an open-source tool that uses LaMa (Large Mask), an open-source model from Samsung’s AI Lab, to automatically identify and redraw the areas you select in order to remove the objects inside them.
So when you select an object, be it a person or an object of any kind, to remove it from the picture, Cleanup uses the LaMA inpainting algorithm to effectively clear out its pixels and restore them such that it takes up the appearance of the background.
How to Remove Unwanted Objects From Photos With Cleanup.pictures?
Cleanup.pictures’ greatest draw is its ease of use, as there is no need to download or install any software on your computer or mobile device, and hence you can use it on any device, regardless of the operating system.
Follow the steps below to use Cleanup.pictures:
- Head over to Cleanup.pictures.
- Click on the box that reads Click here or drag an image file to open file explorer and select the image you want to clean up to upload it to the website. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the picture straight onto the box.
- With the image uploaded, use the brush to draw over the area you want to remove in the picture. If the size of the element is smaller or larger than the default brush size, adjust its size accordingly using the slider below.
- Wait for a few seconds for Cleanup.pictures to process and remove the selected object. Once you’ve cleaned up the image to your liking, hit the Download button to download it to your device.
As already mentioned, if you’re on the free plan, your image will be downloaded in 720p. If you want it in higher resolution, you’ll have to upgrade to Cleanup Pro, which costs $5 per month or $24 per year.
At any point while editing, if you wish to compare your edit with the original photo, click on the Original button at the bottom. To undo an edit you accidentally made, click the arrow button beside Original or use the Ctrl+Z (or Command+Z) keyboard shortcut.
Removing Unwanted Objects From Pictures Made Easy With Cleanup.pictures
Cleanup.pictures makes it easier than ever before to remove unwanted objects or people from photos, as shown above. And the best part is it’s free to use, which makes it even more appealing than some of the other object remover tools with high subscription fees.
Aside from removing unnecessary objects from pictures, Cleanup.pictures can also come in handy in scenarios where you want to fix pixelated images, clear the background, or flatten out wrinkled objects/backgrounds in images.
Check out Cleanup.pictures: Website