- Pinterest boards will help you find similar pins of the topic you are looking for.
- They provide an easy option to share multiple pins with friends at once.
- Boards are mostly used for promoting websites, services, etc of your business. We will learn how to share Pinterest board easily across platforms.
Pinterest is undoubtedly one of the best peaceful social media sites to share ideas, infographics, and other beautiful images with the world. You can find pins in different categories like productivity, wallpapers, wedding, home decor, DIY, skills, life hacks, etc. Then there are Pinterest boards. You can easily combine pins and create a board to find pins on a specific topic. Also, these boards are a great way to share multiple pins at once. Or to promote your business and reach out to like-minded people.
Table of Contents
What’s the Need to Share a Pinterest Board?
If you are wondering why would anyone put all the effort to share a Pinterest board, here are some classic reasons to share Pinterest board with friends and family.
- Collaboration: If you are planning a party, wedding, or any other event, Pinterest is a great way to collect and share your ideas.
- Wish Lists: You can also create a wish list on Pinterest – for yourself, your spouse, or your children. Almost any website allows you to pin images and add them to your “wish list”. By browsing their Pinterest boards, I have even found gifts for friends by ordering something from their “Want it” board.
- Collections: The most common reason for sharing a Pinterest board is to show off your collection on that particular topic. For example: “Living Spaces”, “DIY Ideas”, “Formal outfits”
Whatever your reason might be for sharing Pinterest boards, here’s how to share a Pinterest board on Android, iOS, and desktop operating systems.
How to Share Pinterest Board on Desktop
First of all, you can only share public boards; the boards you have marked as private/secret are not visible to others, even if you share them. You can learn how to share the Pinterest board on the desktop here.
1. Open Pinterest and click on the profile icon at the top right corner.
2. Select the Saved option to find the boards you have created.
3. Now select any board you want to share from here.
4. On the board page, click on the three-dot menu beside the Board name and select the Share option.
5. On the pop-up Share menu, you can share on Twitter, WhatsApp, and Facebook directly. You can select the Email option to send the board link in an email to someone.
6. You also have the option to search for a name or email to send someone a message directly using the Pinterest direct message option.
7. To share anywhere, you can click on the Copy link option, or you can just copy the link of the Pinterest board and share it anywhere you like.
How to Share Pinterest Board on Mobile
The process to share the Pinterest board is not so different compared to the web app.
1. Open the Pinterest app on your Android or iPhone. Then tap on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Here, select the board that you want to share. Make sure that you are not sharing a private board.
3. On the board page, tap on the three-dot menu and select the Share board option.
4. Just like on the web app, you can select social media sites to share on them directly. Or you can enter the name or email id of the person that also uses Pinterest to share directly on the Pinterest DM. Also, you can scroll and select the Copy link option to share on whatever platform you like to share.
5. Selecting the More option will provide the option to choose an app on your phone to share.
Gesture-based Sharing of Pinterest Boards on Mobile
Apart from this traditional method, the Pinterest app also supports a gesture-based share option for fast sharing.
1. Open the Pinterest app and tap on the profile icon at the bottom to open the Pinterest boards
2. Here long press on the board that you are willing to share. You should find quick shortcuts to Send with the share icon. Just drag the board into the Send option. That’s it, you can access your share option just like before.
Quickly Share Pinterest Board Using Pinterest QR Code
Both on the web app as well as mobile apps, you have an option to quickly share your Pinterest boards with friends and family using QR codes. Basically, Pinterest generates a QR code that you share with your friends, who will need to scan the code using Pinterest Lens to view the board.
Pincodes can be scanned by pointing the Pinterest camera at them directly. They can also be uploaded from your gallery or camera roll. If someone sends you a Pincode, this comes in handy.
To generate a Pinterest pincode:
- Open the board you want to share from your profile.
- Click or tap the send icon. From the menu, select Pincode.
- The Pincode creation screen will appear. On the mobile app, tap Create Pincode, and on the website, tap Download Pincode.
- Your device will save the image containing your QR code. You can now view it in the gallery. You can then share it using any app of your choice.
Sharing Pinterest Boards
Whether you want to promote your business or share pins with your friends, you can use these ways to share Pinterest boards on all platforms from Android, iOS, and web apps. In any case, you always have the option to hide the board by simply turning it into a secret board or deleting it altogether. This way, other people will not be able to see the board even though you have shared it.
FAQs on Sharing Pinterest Boards
How to share Pinterest board with someone not on Pinterest?
Each pin and board on Pinterest has its own link. You can share the links outside of Pinterest if you have the link. Thanks to Pinterest, sharing is easy. To do so, click/tap on the Send board icon and then select Copy link. Copy the link and paste it into the app/website of your choice.
Why Send icon is missing on a Pinterest board?
You probably won't find a send button on a Pinterest board you're trying to share because it's a secret board or a private board. Secret boards cannot be shared on Pinterest. If that were possible, it would completely undermine all logic behind making a board private.
Can I email a Pinterest board to someone?
Yes, of course. You can share a Pinterest board with anyone via their email address, or by searching them on Facebook or Twitter. Just click on the Send icon on the web app or mobile app and choose the email option to share.
How do I give someone access to my Pinterest board?
In order to give someone access to your Pinterest board, follow these steps:
- You can open your profile by clicking your profile picture at the top of your screen after logging into your Pinterest account.
- Open your board by clicking it.
- Below your board name, click the plus circle icon. Search for friends by their first and last name, username, or email address, and then click Invite next to their name.
How to copy an entire board on Pinterest?
If you are looking to copy an entire board or basically duplicate a Pinterest board, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the board with the pins you'd like to move, copy, or delete.
- In the top right corner, click the "Move Pins" button.
- Click the checkmark in the top right-hand corner of the pin you'd like to move, copy, or delete.
- After selecting your items, click the top right corner of the board and choose either "Move," "Copy," or "Delete."
- Click the "Move" / "Copy" button after selecting the board you want to move or copy pins to.
- When deleting a pin: Confirm that you really want to delete it in the prompt that appears.
- There you have it! You have now moved, copied, or deleted your pins.
Can you share secret Pinterest boards?
Secret boards cannot be shared on Pinterest. If that were possible, it would completely undermine all logic behind making a board private.