Regular readers would already know about 5 Hacks to Bypass Megavideo time limit which I had written almost an year back. Some of them still work, while others don’t, depending upon lots of factors. Some of you have been asking me to update the post, so I thought of digging further on other working hacks, resulting in this new post.
For the uninitiated, Megavideo is an online video portal with millions of videos, documentaries, TV shows and movies, but comes with an irritating 72 minutes (or 61 minutes now?) time limit after which the user is given an option to wait for 50+ minutes to continue watching or purchase a premium account which gets rid of this wait.
Check out these additional Megavideo hacks
1. Megavideo hack – Block Cookies
Clear your web browser’s cache and delete cookies. And then Block cookies.
If you are on Mozilla Firefox,
– Click on Tools > Page Info.
– Click on the Permissions tab. Under Set Cookies, if Use Default is checked, uncheck it then select Block.
If you are on IE7 or IE8,
– Click on Tools > Internet Options.
– Click on the Privacy tab.
– Click on Sites.
– Under “Address of Website“, type “megavideo.com” (without the quotes), click Block.
– Repeat the previous step and this time type “www.megavideo.com“, click Block.
Now, Disconnect your modem and wait for about 10 seconds before reconnecting it. Continue watching the video as before!
2. Megavideo hack – Download videos via Userscripts
This is probably the best option which has been working for a long time now. Download the videos to your PC and watch them offline. Most Userscripts are cross-browser compatible and do not require the video to start playing to provide access to the download. This is also excellent for users who do not have Adobe Flash installed. make sure you have Greasemonkey installed.
- MegaVideo Downloader
- Megavideo NoLimit
- Megavideo Unlimited
- Direct Megavideo FLV Link
3. Megavideo hack – Download videos via Browser Add-ons
Browser add-ons are usually limited to one web browser. Also, the video needs to be played for sometime so that the add-ons discover the stream and provide access to the download link. Most of these add-ons are for Firefox only.
4. Megavideo hack – Download videos via web services
Several websites offer services to download the videos directly to your PC by just providing the megavideo links.
5. Megavideo hack – Download videos via software
Desktop software provide an alternative way to download videos from megavideo. Most of them work only on Windows.
Of-course you can check older Megavideo hacks in case you would like to. Feel free to share additional/new services or userscripts or add-ons you come across.