Xiaomi Launches Mi Note Pro with Monster Specs: 5.7-inch QHD Display, 4GB RAM, 3D Curved Glass, Snapdragon 810 for $483
The amount of RAM in a smartphone seems to be the new feature over which various OEMs are now competing. At the moment there aren’t so many devices out there with such a big amount, but Xiaomi wants to make sure it is in the leading pack. The Chinese company had announced back in January the Mi Note Pro phablet and now the device has finally been unveiled at a media event in Beijing.
As expected, the handset sports some really appealing specs and features, hence its local price of CNY 2999 (approximately Rs. 30,760 or $483). It will go on sale in China from May 12, but at the moment we don’t know other details regarding its rollout out to other markets, but most likely India is going to be among the first to get it. So, let’s have a look at the rich specs sheet that it boasts with:
- 3D curved glass on the back, 2.5D curved glass on front
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit 8-core CPU, Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB eMMC 5.0 flash
- 5.7” 2K (2560×1440) Sharp/JDI display, 515 PPI, Sunlight Display technology for unparalleled outdoor visibility
- 13MP camera with optical image stabilization (OIS)
- Sony IMX214 CMOS, 6-element f/2.0 lens, Qualcomm 14-bit image processor; new camera features: flash “suggest”, auto-leveling, DSLR style peak focus indicator, color temperature adjustment; 4MP front camera with large 2-micron pixels, exceptional low-light performance
- High-capacity 3090mAh battery, Quick Charge 2.0, 9V 1.2A with two charging modules, 70% charging in 1 hour
- Supports LTE CAT 9 networks, up to 450Mbps download speed
- Hardware-optimized HiFi audio for FLAC playback
- MIUI6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
Thanks to its Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor and the 4GB of RAM, the handset has managed to obtain an AnTuTu score of 63,424, which puts it among the top smartphones of the moment. Along with the new device, the company also unveiled the lightweight 150-gram Mi Selfie Stick, which is priced at CNY 49 ($8).