Most of us use different kinds of services across all our devices. Some of which are free, while some require a monthly or annual subscription. A caveat that comes along subscription-based services is that a lot of times people subscribe to service – for a trial period or otherwise, and forget about it over time. So, to help curb this, we have listed down the steps that you can follow to Manage (view, change, or cancel) your subscriptions on iPhone / iPad / iPod or Mac.
A possible reason for people not being able to manage their subscriptions is the tedious process involved, resulting in users spending money on subscriptions for services that they hardly use. Until very recently, things were quite simple, with as many as a few handful apps to look after for subscriptions. However, with data tariffs becoming inexpensive and the subscription-based revenue model catching up among smartphone users, we now see subscriptions for a wide variety of services like news, books, music, video, TV shows, and movies.
Manage Subscriptions on iPhone / iPad / iPod
1. Go to Settings > [your name on top] > iTunes & App Store.
2. Tap on Apple ID (at the top) > View Apple ID, and authenticate using TouchID/FaceID.
3. Scroll down until you find Subscriptions, then tap on it.
4. On the Subscriptions page, you will see two sections: Active and Expired (pretty self-explanatory).
5. From the list, choose the subscription you want to manage and tap it.
6. Once a subscription is selected, you will see different Options, which are essentially the different plans that the service offers, and an option at the bottom, ‘Cancel Subscription’. Using the Options, you can change your existing plan directly, without having to open the app or visit the app’s website. And in case you want to cancel a subscription, you can do so using the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button at the bottom.
7. For the expired subscriptions, you can restart your subscription by tapping on the subscription and choosing a subscription plan from the different options listed under Options.
Manage Subscriptions on Mac
You can manage subscriptions on Mac in two ways: App Store or iTunes.
Using App Store
1. Open App Store.
2. Tap on your Apple ID (at the bottom of the left pane) > View Information.
3. Authenticate your Apple ID with the password.
4. On the next screen, scroll down until you find the Manage section, then tap on ‘Manage’.
5. Now, on this screen, you can manage all your subscription, similar to how you would on an iPhone.
1. Open iTunes on Mac and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. From the top menu bar, tap on Account > View My Account and authenticate using your password.
3. On the ‘Account Information’ page, scroll down to the ‘Settings’ section and hit the ‘Manage’ button beside Subscriptions.
4. Next, you will see all your ‘Active’ and ‘Expired’ subscriptions on the Subscriptions page, which you can edit using the ‘Edit’ button. And similar to how you would manage subscriptions on an iPhone, you can view, change, cancel, or renew your subscriptions here.
Now you can easily manage your subscriptions across iPhone / iPad / iPod or Mac using the aforementioned steps. With the added ability to manage all subscriptions at a single place, Apple has made it comparatively easier for users to view, cancel, or change their subscriptions, without having to go into each app one-by-one, and then manage their subscriptions there. So if you happen to have multiple subscriptions across different services, go ahead and save yourself a few bucks by unsubscribing to such services.