How to Delete Health app Data on iPhone
Especially helpful on base variants with low storage
- Apple’s Health app offers a one-stop solution for keeping track of different health-and-fitness related stats, all under one roof.
- However, if you own an iPhone with the base storage variant or want to have an organized record of your activities, you might want to get rid of old records that are no longer relevant.
- In case you’re wondering how to delete Health app data on the iPhone, here’s a quick guide.
- For more such iOS and iPhone related resources, check out our iOS hub.
Apple’s Health app offers a one-stop solution for keeping track of different health-and-fitness related stats, all under one roof. Using the app, you can pretty much record different health stats like heart rate, nutrition, sleep patterns, along with various fitness records such as steps, swimming, different types of workouts, etc. However, if you own an iPhone with the base storage variant or want to have an organized record of your activities, you might want to get rid of old records that are no longer relevant. So, in case you’re wondering how to delete Health app data on the iPhone, here’s a quick guide.
The Health app on iPhone proves to be the most useful when paired with an Apple Watch, as you can then leverage the watch’s hardware to track your heart rate, calories burnt, different workouts/physical activities, sleep, and a lot more. With so much active tracking going in the background, there is an inundation of data filling up gigs of storage on your iPhone’s storage, leading to two problems — storage-space hogging and unwieldy amounts of data. To come to grips with these problems, here’s how to delete Health app data on your iPhone.
How to delete Health app data for different Apps
1. Open the Health app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the profile icon on the top-right, and on the next screen, select Apps, under Privacy.
3. On the Apps page, select Health.
4. Now, if you want to delete all of the data at once, tap on the Delete All Data from Health button. Alternatively, if you wish to delete data individually, tap on a listing, hit the Edit button, and then hit Delete All.
Using the above steps, you can also delete data for other apps like Clock, Message, etc in much the same way. However, once you tap on Delete All Data from [app name], all your data related to that particular app will be deleted at once. And, since the process is irreversible, you cannot retrieve the data back again. So, if you do not wish to delete the entire data related to an app, and want to instead get rid of some listings, you can delete each data entry individually, as well.
How to delete Health data for different Activities
1. Open the Health app on your iPhone.
2. With the Browse tab selected, select a category under Health Categories. For instance, let’s assume you select Activity.
3. Now, on the Activity page, tap on any activity entry (say, Steps) that you want to delete, and on the next screen, scroll to the bottom and tap on Show All Data.
4. Here, hit the Edit button on the top-right corner and hit Delete All on the top-left side. Alternatively, you can hit the minus (-) sign next to each data to delete it individually.
Similar to how you deleted your Steps entry from the Activity section using the above steps, you can also delete other entries such as Walking + Running Distance, Flights Climbed, etc. Furthermore, you can go into each activity and workout like Swimming, Cycling Distance, Standing Hours, and more, to delete its data.
Besides Activity, there are other Health Categories, such as Heart (including Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, Oxygen Saturation, etc), Nutrition, Sleep, Hearing, and more, whose data you can also delete using the steps 2 through 4, above.
Also Read: How to Delete Apps on iPhone
That’s it for this article!
You should now be able to delete your Health app data for different activities and probably save some storage space on your iPhone. Not to mention, the decluttered health data that you now have to sift through to find what you are looking for, and act upon accordingly.