11 Feature Highlights of the Xiaomi Mi 11
First flagship with the Snapdragon 888!
- Xiaomi has unveiled its latest flagship offering, the Mi 11, which is the first-ever smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888.
- Xiaomi has used a massive 6.81-inch (AMOLED) hole-punch display with Gorilla Glass Victus on top. The display offers a QHD+ resolution and supports up to 120Hz of variable refresh rate.
- Mi 11 includes a 4600mAh battery with support for 55W wired fast charging.
- Mi 11 pricing starts at CNY 3,999 (USD 612 / INR 44,962)
Xiaomi has today unveiled its flagship and the much-anticipated smartphone for the year, the Mi 11, in China. What makes the Xiaomi Mi 11 standout from the other flagships launched this year is the newly-announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset that powers it. Not just that, the smartphone also boasts of some impressive specifications in terms of display and cameras. Here’s a quick rundown of all the feature highlights on the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11.
Xiaomi Mi 11: Feature Highlights
1. Starting with the design, the latest Xiaomi flagship continues with its predecessor’s design language and brings the familiar curved display on the Mi 11. The back features a distinct look with regards to the branding — featuring a bold logo; and cameras — incorporating a large camera module to house a massive 108MP triple-camera setup. And in the middle sits is a sleek 1.8mm metal frame to hold the device together.
2. On the front, Xiaomi has used a massive 6.81-inch (AMOLED) hole-punch display with Gorilla Glass Victus on top. The display offers a QHD+ resolution and supports up to 120Hz of variable refresh rate. What’s more, it is HDR10+ and 10-bit compatible. The company suggests 1500nits of brightness with the display along with 515ppi of pixel density and 48-Hz of touch response rate.
3. Under the hood, the Xiaomi Mi 11 runs on the latest Snapdragon 888 chipset, which is the latest flagship offering from Qualcomm that boasts of performance improvements in terms of AI and ISP performance. Needless to say, it also allows for 5G connectivity with the X60 Modem-RF System that comes with support for sub-6GHz and mmWave and promises up to 7.5Gbps (down) and 3Gbps (up) of transfer speeds.
4. Besides an all-new processor, the device comes coupled with 8GB and 12GB of (LPDDR5) RAM and 128GB and 256GB of (UFS3.1) storage.
5. To power the internals, the Mi 11 includes a 4600mAh battery with support for 55W wired fast charging. Besides, the device also offers support for 50W wireless fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. As speculated, Xiaomi has got rid of the bundled charging brick from the box. However, consumers can opt for a charger at no extra cost.
6. Moving on to the software, the latest Xiaomi flagship also introduces the all-new MIUI 12.5. This latest MIUI update is based on Android 11 and brings a few new features.
7. Talking about another highlight of the Xiaomi Mi 11, the cameras, the newest offering from the company, sports a triple-camera setup on the rear with an LED flash. This setup includes a 108MP primary sensor with an f/1.85 aperture and OIS, accompanied by a 13MP wide-angle sensor with an f/2..4 aperture and 123° FoV, and a 5MP macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture. As for video shooting prowess, the rear sensor on the Mi 11 can shoot up to 8K videos.
8. As for the front-facing camera, the device comes with a single 20MP camera with an f/2.4 aperture, housed within a punch-hole cutout.
9. Connectivity options on the Mi 11 include 5G (SA / NSA), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC. Besides, there is a USB Type-C port for charging and file transfer.
10. The device also gets an in-display fingerprint scanner for authentication along with dual stereo speakers (tuned by Harmon Kardon).
11. Xiaomi Mi 11 comes in three colorways: Midnight Gray, Frost White, and Horizon Blue in a frosted-glass finish, and Honey Beige and Lilac Purple in the vegan leather finish.
Xiaomi Mi 11: Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 comes in three configurations: 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 256GB, priced at CNY 3,999, CNY 4,299, and CNY 4,699, respectively. It will be available for pre-orders in China starting today and will go on sale from January 1.
Xiaomi Mi 11: Global Pricing
As of February 8, 2021, Xiaomi has announced the Mi 11 in the global markets. In Europe, the Mi 11 comes in two variants: 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB, which are priced at €749 and €749, respectively.