How to FaceTime Android and PC Users in iOS 15
FaceTime on Android with ease
- FaceTime is one of the most famous video calling services, thanks to the ease of use and end-end encryption.
- With iOS 15, Apple added the ability to FaceTime Android and PC users quickly without creating a fuss.
- Today, we will have a detailed look at how you can set up a FaceTime link to interact with your friends or loved ones who do not own an iPhone.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, everything has shifted to online means of communication. Online meetings, online classes, or online interaction with loved ones.
While there are some excellent video chatting services like Google Meet and Zoom, Apple’s FaceTime remains one of the most popular video calling services, especially for iOS users.
First, FaceTime is preinstalled on iPhones, so users do not have to go through the hassle of downloading and setting up third-party applications. Second, FaceTime is very secure thanks to its tight integration with Apple hardware and software.
Still, the tech giant surprised everyone by introducing support for FaceTime call on Windows and Android devices. But beware: Apple has not released the FaceTime app for Android on the Google Play Store or for Windows on the Microsoft Store.
Instead, all iOS users can now create a link in the FaceTime app to share with PC and Android users to join the call.
How to FaceTime on Android and PC?
Today, we have created a detailed guide on how to call Android and Windows users with FaceTime easily.
Setting up Link to FaceTime Android and PC users
Before we begin, users need to make sure they are running the latest version of iOS 15. Users can update to the latest version by navigating to the “Software Update” section in iOS Settings. With that out of the way, let us take a detailed look at the steps to set up FaceTime.
- Open FaceTime on your iOS device and tap on the create link option.
- After clicking on the create link option, you see it under the upcoming tab.
- Simply click on the info (i) button, and a new window will pop up.
- Here, select the share link option and share the link with people you are willing to invite for a video call.
Joining Video Call using the FaceTime link
Fortunately, this time Apple has made connecting FaceTime calls pretty easy for Android phones and PC. And you know what the best part is? You do not need Apple ID to join a FaceTime call.
Open the link on your Android/ PC and enter your name. Then tap the “Join” option, and once the host approves you, you are good to go.
How to delete a FaceTime link?
It can always happen that you accidentally created a FaceTime connection or that the meeting was canceled and you no longer need the connection.
- Open FaceTime and look for the event under the upcoming tab.
- Swipe the event towards the left to delete it.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the info button (i) and select the delete option.
FaceTime Android Users with ease
As you have seen, Apple has made FaceTiming very easy for non-Apple users, and all you have to do is join a FaceTime call link to communicate with your friends, colleagues, and family.
Once you join and accept the video call, you can see everyone else in the meeting. Although the application runs in a browser, all the standard controls are available, such as disabling the microphone, turning the camera around, or leaving the call altogether.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I FaceTime with an Android?
As weird as it might read, this is one of the most frequently asked questions. You can of course video chat between an iPhone and an Android phone. One can use apps like Google Duo, Zoom, Skype, or any other video calling apps to chat across platforms. But the good thing is, if you are loyal to FaceTime, you can FaceTime on Android from your iPhone if you have upgraded to iOS 15. We have given a step-by-step guide above.
2. Can Android Phones have FaceTime?
Yes and No. Apple has NOT launched FaceTime for Android app on the Google Play Store. But that doesn’t mean you can’t FaceTime from an iPhone to Android or even PC. With iOS 15, Apple has introduced a new feature called FaceTime Link which lets iPhone users invite their friends on Android and have a regular FaceTime video call.