- The new open-source Android app SpotiFlyer will let you download Spotify songs and playlists directly to your local storage.
- SpotiFlyer works for both Premium and free users of Spotify.
- Using this, you will be able to play your favorite Spotify songs and playlists on your music player app of choice.
The ability to download songs on Spotify is only available to premium users, and those downloaded songs can only be accessed through the Spotify app. But with the help of a new open-source app available for Android, you can now directly download Spotify songs to local storage. This way, you can listen to the songs from any music player, and this method even works for Spotify users who are not Premium members (free users).
Here’s how you can download Spotify songs to your local storage.
How to Download Songs and Playlists on Spotify
Before looking at the option to download songs to local storage, you can actually download songs directly on Spotify if you are a premium user. Downloading directly from Spotify is not only easy, but it also pays artists who composed the songs and albums you have downloaded. So I highly recommend you stick with the native option if all you want is offline listening.
To download songs from the Spotify app:
- First, open the song that you want to download.
- Then tap on the three-dot menu beside the song.
- You can find the three-dot menu at the top right corner if you are on the player.
- It will open a menu, where you can find the Download option.
- Tap on it to start downloading.
Spotify Playlist Downloader: Download Playlists from the Spotify app
Open the playlist you want to download and enable the toggle beside the Download option. That’s it; the playlist will start downloading and even automatically downloads the songs added to that playlist later.
Once downloaded, you can find the downloaded songs and playlists in the Your Library tab on Spotify. You can access and play them even when you are offline.
How to Download Songs on Spotify on Android Local Storage
Downloading songs to the local storage has its own benefits. It works for even non-premium users to download songs and listen offline, can listen on any music player that you prefer, and can even access your downloaded songs if you decide to stop paying for the premium.
To download Spotify Songs and Playlists to local storage:
1. First, download the F-droid app (App Store for open source apps) by opening f-droid.org in your browser and tapping on the Download F-Droid button.
2. Now tap on the downloaded APK file, it will open a popup prompt. Tap on Install to install the F-droid app.
3. If it shows the Settings option instead of the Install option, your browser did not have permission to install apps. Just tap on Settings and enable the toggle beside Allow from this source. Now you can go back and install the F-droid app as mentioned in the previous step.
4. Open the F-droid app and tap on the search floating button at the bottom. Then search for the SpotiFlyer app and tap on the Install button.
5. Once downloaded, it will open a prompt, tap on Settings and enable the toggle beside Allow from this source. This will give the F-droid app permission to install apps on your phone.
6. Now, come back to the Fdroid app and tap on Install to install the SpotiFlyer app.
7. Open the installed SpotiFlyer app and Grant Permission to your storage to save the songs and background running to download songs in the background.
8. Now, open Spotify and open the song or playlist you like to download. Then tap on the three-dot menu beside that song or the playlist.
9. In the menu, select the Share option and then select the Copy link option.
10. Now open the SpotiFlyer app, paste the copied link and click on Search.
11. This will search for the song or playlist and provides the option to download. If it is a playlist, you can tap on the Download All button to download all the songs on the playlist.
This way, you can download songs or playlists on songs easily to your local storage with the help of the SpotiFlyer app.
Download Spotify Songs to Local Storage
With the help of the SpotiFlyer app, you can download unlimited songs and playlists directly to your local storage. Apart from that, you can also download albums too. The app does a good job at not just downloading the mp3 files; it will also download all the details such as album art, artist, the album it belongs to, etc. Anyhow, it doesn’t download lyrics along with it. Also, remember, when you are downloading playlists, it will just download all the songs inside it. So you need to create playlists in your music player app again manually.
The only downside is that the app is only available on Android in the F-Droid store. So you cannot rely on it to download songs and playlists on other platforms.