Transfer Music between Streaming Services for Free on Android/iOS/Web
Transferring your favorite music or playlists between services can be an arduous process. To avoid this, one usually ends up spending a lot of time trying out different services. However, most of these charge money in exchange for their service. So, in this article, we take a look at some of the best solutions to transfer music between different (globally available) streaming services for free.
Transfer Music between Streaming Services on iOS
The App Store does not have a wide gamut of options when it comes to music transferring apps. And among the available ones, the one app that sticks out on top is ‘SongShift’. As the name suggests, the app allows you to transfer playlists between different streaming services. It has a simple UI with a limited (and only essential) set of features you need and has a fairly straightforward process to transfer music.
1. Download the SongShift app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Open the app and tap on ‘Connect Your Music’.
3. From the list of different ‘Music Services’, hit the ‘Connect’ button next to the services you want to perform the transfer with, and then enter your credentials.
4. Now, click on the ‘+’ icon. And, on the ‘Shift Setup’ screen, setup the source and the destination, and choose the media type and the playlist.
5. Hit ‘I’m Finished’, and the app will start the matching process and transfer the selected playlists.
And that’s it!
You should now have all your music and playlists transferred from the selected source to the destination. Do note that, although the app is Free to use, certain features are restricted and only available with the Pro version. Among these, the one that matters the most is the ability to select and move multiple playlists at one time, which restricts you to select and move one playlist at a time.
Transfer Music between Streaming Services on Web
If you don’t want to spend time downloading platform-specific apps on your device, you can use a web service to transfer your music across different music streaming services. Among the different options available on the web, ‘Tune My Music’ is a simple and easy-to-use service that makes transferring playlist a lot easier.
1. Open your browser and head over to the Tune My Music website.
2. Hit ‘Let’s Start’ and choose a music service as the source.
3. Depending on the service you just selected, the service will ask you for a way to get access to your playlists. So follow the on-screen instructions that pop up.
4. Now, hit the ‘Select Destination’ button and follow the on-screen instructions, similar to how you did in the previous step, to set the other (destination) service.
5. Finally, click on the ‘Start Moving My Music’ button to transfer your music from your set source to the destination.
Once done, the added music or playlist should reflect on your destination music streaming service.
Transfer Music between Streaming Services on Android
Although the web method offers an all-round way to transfer music between different services, irrespective of the platform, there are a few apps on the Play Store that allow you to do the same. One such option is ‘STAMP’. The app supports a wide range of music streaming services and allows you to transfer your favorite music between different services with ease.
1. Download the STAMP app from the Play Store.
2. Open the app and on the ‘Select your service’ screen, select the source of your playlist. And enter the login credentials.
3. Now, on the next (‘Select destination’) screen, select your service where you want to move your music to, similar to how you did in the previous step, and enter the login credentials.
4. Finally, choose the Playlists that you want to move and hit ‘Begin’.
As soon as the process is complete, you should be able to find all your moved playlists on the app you set as the destination service. Do note that the Free version of the app allows you to transfer 10 items per session. So you might have to perform the process a few times if you wish to move a large number of items. Alternately, you can upgrade to the Premium version of the app and transfer multiple playlists at a time.