How to Download and Use Safari Extensions on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15
Guide to Use Safari Extensions on iPhone
- After months of testing, Apple finally released the latest version of it’s mobile operating system- iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to the public on 20th September.
- The tech giant also added support for one of the most requested features – Safari Extensions.
- Today, we will have a detailed look at how you can use Safari extensions with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
After months of testing, Apple finally released the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to the public on 20th September. The OS brings with it some subtle improvements like notification summaries, live text, system-wide translation, and more.
Alongside this, the company also added support for one of the most requested features – Safari Extensions. Today, we will have a detailed look at how you can use Safari extensions with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
How to Download Safari Extensions in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15
Safari received a major revamp with the iOS 15 update, which added support for extensions natively in the browser. And Apple did not make using them very cumbersome. In fact, using extensions on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is extremely easy.
Follow the steps below to download Safari extensions on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, respectively:
- Open Settings.
- Select Safari and tap on Extensions under GENERAL.
- Click on More Extensions to open the App Store. From here, you can download a bunch of extensions according to your preferences.
Once you’ve downloaded these extensions, enable them using the following steps:
- Go to Safari settings using steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click on the extension you want to enable under ALLOW THESE EXTENSIONS.
- Tap on the toggle button next to the extension name to enable it.
Some Safari extensions also offer additional settings, which you can access by clicking on the Extension Settings button under that extension.
How to Use iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Safari Extensions?
With your Safari extensions downloaded and enabled, you can now use your extensions on your iPhone or iPad using the following steps:
- Open Safari.
- Tap the plugin icon in the tab bar (or address bar). If you are using the new Safari layout, the tab bar will appear at the bottom, whereas if you’re on the old layout, you will find it at the top.
- Click on the extension you want to use from the extensions list. Some extensions might need specific permissions to function correctly, so allow them.
So as we saw, using Safari Extensions with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is extremely easy and adds huge functionality to Safari. Okay, I understood how to enable Safari extensions but which are the best ones? Worry not; we have already covered a list of some of the best Safari extensions. So you can give them a read here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Disabling extensions is as simple as uninstalling the app from the App store. But if you do not want to uninstall the app, you can just disable it from settings. First, open the Settings and scroll down to the Safari tab. Here, click on extensions and toggle off the extension that you don't want to use.
Sadly no, you cannot use all the extensions available on your Mac directly on your device. But don't be disheartened, as there are still a bunch of cool and useful extensions available on the App Store, which you should definitely try once. Plus, developers are constantly working to bring support for more extensions on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
Using extensions continuously will surely impact the battery life at some level, but it will be a very negligible difference, so you need not worry about battery life.