How to Schedule Text Messages on Android Using Google Messages
Never forget to send a message at a later time again!
- It’s possible to schedule a text message on Android to be sent at a certain time.
- Messaging app ‘Google Messages’ is the best for scheduling text messages on Android.
- Messages comes pre-installed on Pixel phones, and you can install it on other Android devices from the Play Store.
SMS or text messaging is a form of instant communication that involves composing and sending text messages to other people over a cellular network or the internet.
While text messaging is most commonly used to communicate or convey your message to the other person in real-time, there may be times when you’d want to send a message at a later time, maybe to wish someone on their birthday or to inform someone about something they need to know at a certain time.
In such situations, scheduling your text messages is a good idea to ensure that the messages get sent across on time. On Android, scheduling text messages is extremely easy, and you can do it using the Google Messages app, as shown in the guide below.
Before We Begin
First, to schedule a text message, you need the Google Messages app installed on your Android phone. If you’re using a Pixel phone, you’d have it pre-installed and set as the default messaging app on your device.
However, in case you’re using any other smartphone—like the ones from the likes of Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, etc.—you’ll need to download and install Messages on your device from the Play Store.
Once Messages is installed, you need to set it as the default messaging app on your phone. For this, open the Messages app. In there, you’ll see a prompt with a button that says Set default SMS app. Click on it, and it will set Messages as your default texting app.
How to Schedule Text Messages on Android With Messages
With Messages installed and running on your Android device, you can schedule a message using these steps:
- Open Messages and go to the conversation where you want to schedule a text message.
- Click on the text field and enter the message you want to schedule.
- Long-click on the send button to view the scheduling options.
- On the Schedule send menu, select a time from the preset time options. Alternatively, click on Pick date and time to bring up the time picker and choose your own time and date to send the message.
- Click Save to confirm your message schedule.
- Hit the send icon to schedule the message.
How to Modify or Delete a Scheduled Text Message In Messages
After you’ve scheduled a text message, if you need to modify the message, change its date or time, or delete it altogether, you can do so as follows:
- Go to the conversation where you’ve scheduled the text message you want to reschedule.
- Tap on the clock icon next to your scheduled message to view its schedule.
- On the Scheduled message window, you can perform the following operations:
- Modify message: Click Update message and modify your text message and change its scheduled time.
- Send immediately: Tap on Send now to send your scheduled message immediately.
- Delete message: Hit Delete message to delete the scheduled message.
Send Messages At a Later Time on Your Android Phone
Google Messages is the best messaging app for Android, and as such, it offers a wide range of useful features. Scheduling messages is one of them that makes it extremely easy to schedule text messages and send them later from your Android phone.
While there are some other third-party apps on the Play Store that let you schedule messages, we feel Messages has the easiest method of scheduling texts, and it eliminates the need for any of those third-party messaging apps.