- Google Maps is an excellent navigation tool that can help you get to your destination without any hassle.
- You can either use it to search for a specific location or to find the best route to your destination.
- Changing your home and work address is a very easy process. In this article, we will show you how to change your home and work addresses in Google Maps.
Maybe you recently moved to a new city, or your job has changed, and now you are having trouble reaching your destinations on time. It would be very helpful if you used Google Maps for directions. It would make things much easier for you, and you would not have to worry about losing your way.
It is important to keep your work, and home addresses up to date in Google Maps for several reasons. First, it allows you to ensure that you get accurate directions from the app. Second, it allows you to quickly and easily find directions from one place to another. And finally, it prevents you from getting directions to the wrong places.
If you use Google Maps frequently to navigate to your workplace or home and have recently moved, this guide is for you. In this guide, you will learn how to update your home and work address in Google Maps on Android and on PC.
Table of Contents
How to Change Your Home Address in Google Maps on Android
If you change your work and employment location on Google Maps, you can get directions with just a few taps. Here is how you can do it:
- First, open the Google Maps app on your Android smartphone.
- Now tap on “Saved.”
- Tap “Labelled” under the “Your Lists” options.
- Now click on “Home,” and then on “Three Dots.”
- Click on “Edit Home.”
- Now add your new home address, or you can also drag the home pin to your home location. Then tap on “Save.”
How to Change Home or Work Address in Google Maps on an iPhone
Follow these steps to change the home address in the Google Maps app on your iPhone:
- First, open Google Maps app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on “Saved.”
- Click on “Labelled” under “Your Lists.”
- Tap “Three Dots” next to “Home” or “Work.”
- And then tap “Edit.”
- Now add your new home on the map, or drag the home pin to your new location.
- Tap “Done” to save the changes.
Related Read: How to Make Google Maps Default on iPhone
How to Change Home or Work Location in Google Maps on Windows/Mac
Follow these steps to change the location of your home or workplace in Google Maps on your computer (Mac/Windows):
- First, open maps.google.com in your web browser.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Google account.
- Now, click on the “Search Box” and search for “Work” or “Home,” and press enter.
- Now click on “Edit.”
- Add your new address.
- Finally, tap on “Save” to save changes.
Related Read: 12 Ways to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android/iPhone
Why Can’t I Change My Address on Google Maps?
You may be trying to change your home or work address in Google Maps right now, but it’s not working. There can be several reasons for this:
Reason #01: You Haven’t Logged in
Google Maps stores your data only in your account. So if you haven’t logged into your account, you won’t be able to change your address.
Also, ensure that the email address is the same one you used to sign up for the account.
Reason #02: Internet Connectivity
To change the address in Google Maps, an internet connection is required. So if you aren’t connected to the Internet or have a bad Internet connection, this may be the reason why you cannot change your address.
Reason #03: Buggy App Version
You may be using an outdated version of the application. Your current application might have some errors that prevent you from updating your address. In this case, your best bet is to update the app to the latest version from the Google Play Store or App Store.
Wrap Up: Navigate Your Way to Home or Office With Ease
That’s it, folks! You can use these methods to change your home and work address in Google Maps. You should check your internet connection and login credentials if you can not change or set your new address. Also, do not forget to update the app to the latest version.
Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions about this article. We would be happy to help you further.
FAQs About Changing Addresses on Google Maps
Follow these steps to delete your home address from Google Maps:
Open the Google Maps app on your device.
Click "Labelled" under the "Your Lists" options.
Now, tap on "Three Dots" next to the "Home" or "Work" option.
Tap on "Remove Home" or "Remove Work" to delete your home or work address.
You can set your home location on Google Maps with these steps:
Open the Google Maps app on your device.
Click "Labelled" under the option "Your Lists."
Tap "Home" and hit "Edit."
Now, drag the Home pin to the desired location and hit "Save."
With these steps, you can use the Google Maps app to share your workplace location on WhatsApp:
First, open the Google Maps app on your device.
Then, click "Saved" and tap "Labelled."
Tap "Three Dots" next to "Work" and click "Share."
Now tap on the "WhatsApp icon" and send it to the contact.
Yes, you can share your live location on WhatsApp with these steps:
Open WhatsApp and start a chat with the person you want to share your location with.
Then, click the "Attach" icon and select "Location."
Now, tap on "Share Live Location."
Set the time for which you want to share your location and click "Send."