- If you follow a bunch of popular Twitter handles, you’re bound to come across some interesting videos that you wish you could save for later viewing.
- However, unlike how you can save images attached to tweets right from the official Twitter app for iPhone, you can’t do the same with videos.
- Fortunately, there are several other ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone, as you can see in the guide below.
Twitter is a popular microblogging platform for users to express their thoughts and ideas. If you use Twitter regularly, you’d have come across tweets containing different kinds of media, including photos, videos, and GIFs, at some point.
While the official Twitter app for iPhone allows you to save images to your device, it doesn’t support downloading videos. However, it turns out that there are several ways to download Twitter videos on the iPhone.
So, if you’ve recently come across a video on Twitter that you wish you could save for later viewing, here are some of the best methods to download Twitter videos on the iPhone.
Method 1: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone With Shortcuts
Shortcuts is a scripting app on iPhones, iPads, and Macs that lets you create macros (called shortcuts) for performing specific tasks on your device. Additionally, you can also download shortcuts created by others and use them, which is what we’ll be doing here.
First, head over to TVDL v3.1 shortcut page. You’ll now get a prompt asking you to open the shortcut in the Shortcuts app. Hit Open. Now, tap on the Add Shortcut button on the shortcut page, which should be added to your shortcuts gallery.
With the shortcut added, open the Twitter app and follow these steps to download any Twitter video on your iPhone:
- Open the tweet containing the video you want to save to your iPhone.
- Click the Share button and select Share via from the share menu option.
- Scroll down and select TVDL v3.1 from the Share Sheet menu.
- Since this is your first time running the shortcut, you’ll be asked to grant the shortcut permission to send the video to the TVDL app.
- Hit Always Allow.
- Finally, select the desired video quality on the following prompt.
TVDL should have downloaded your video now, and you can find it inside the Photos app.
Method 2: Download a Twitter Video on iPhone Using the AnySave App
AnySave is an iOS app that simplifies downloading videos from different social media websites, including Twitter. So, if you aren’t familiar with the Shortcuts app and want an easier way to download videos from Twitter on your iPhone, you can use the AnySave app.
Start by downloading the AnySave app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store using the link below. Once the app is installed, follow these steps to download any video from Twitter using it:
- Go to the tweet that contains the video you want to download on Twitter and copy its link.
- Launch the AnySave app.
- AnySave will automatically paste the copied link to the video from your iPhone’s clipboard into the URL field. But if it doesn’t, tap on the Paste From Clipboard button to paste the link yourself.
- Hit the Save button.
- Since this is AnySave’s first run, you’ll need to agree to its terms and conditions on the following screen and also allow the app access to your Photos app.
As soon as you do this, AnySave will download and save the twitter videos to your Photos app.
Method 3: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone With a Video Download Service
Much like dedicated video-downloading apps, there are many websites that simplify video downloads on the iPhone. TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSSTwitter, and SaveTweetVid are some of the popular websites for downloading videos from Twitter that you can use.
To download videos using any of these, first, copy the link of the video you want to save to your iPhone. Next, open any web browser, be it Safari, Chrome, or Brave, and visit any of these websites using the link above.
After this, enter the copied URL of the video into the search box and hit the Download button.
Depending on which service you’re using, you may get an option to choose the format or video quality in which you want to download the video. Select the appropriate option, and you should find the video saved to your Photos library.
On some of these downloaders, after you hit the Download button, you’ll see a pop-up window with two options: View and Download. Click Download on this prompt to begin downloading the video. On the other hand, when you hit Download on some other services, the video playback will begin instead. In this case, you need to click the Share button and select Save to Files to download and save the video to your iPhone.
Any Twitter video you download using any of the video downloader services is saved to the Files app. You can, however, save it to the Photos library by opening the video, hitting Share, and selecting Save Video from the available options.
Method 4: Download a Twitter Video on iPhone Using a Twitter Bot
A Twitter bot is essentially a Twitter account dedicated to performing a specific operation. It’s controlled via the Twitter API, and depending on what it’s intended to do, it performs the desired function itself accordingly.
Downloading videos from Twitter is one of the many applications of Twitter bots. So if you download videos off of Twitter very often, or you want a solution that doesn’t require you to use another app or website, you can use a dedicated bot to download a video from Twitter without leaving the Twitter app.
@SaveVidBot is the most popular video downloader bot on Twitter, and that’s what we’ll be demonstrating in this guide. Follow these steps to use this bot to download a Twitter video:
- Open the tweet containing the video you want to download.
- Leave a comment below that tweet tagging the SaveVidBot, like this: @Savevidbot.
- Wait for the SaveVidBot’s reply. When it returns a download link for the video, tap on it to open it inside Twitter’s built-in web browser. Hit the Share icon and select Save Video.
- Alternatively, after you open the download link for the video, click on the Safari icon in the bottom-right corner to open the link in Safari. Then, hit the Share icon and select Save to Files.
Save Any Twitter Video to Your iPhone for Viewing Later
Downloading Twitter videos on iPhone is not as difficult as it may seem at first, thanks to the various apps and services that make it possible. We hope you’re able to download the video you wanted using the methods listed in this guide and are able to play it back without any problems.
Please do note, however, that downloading Twitter videos is fine as long as it’s for personal use; downloading them for distribution isn’t advisable and may get you into trouble.
FAQs About Downloading Twitter Videos on iPhone
There are several ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone. You can either do it using a shortcut in the Shortcuts app or use a Twitter bot dedicated to downloading videos. However, if you want a quicker and easier way to download videos from Twitter to your iPhone, you can use one of the dedicated apps and services instead.
One app we recommend using is AnySave. It's free, easy to use, and lets you download images, GIFs, and music as well. Additionally, the app also works with other social media websites, such as Instagram and Facebook. So, if you use any of these websites too, this app can prove to be a really useful.
If you want to download Twitter videos on your iPhone, there are several video downloaders you can use. Many of these tools offer the flexibility to select the download format and video quality too, which gives you control over your downloads.
Here are a few good Twitter video downloaders you can use to download videos on your iPhone (or even any other device):
If you wish to download a Twitter video on your iPhone using the Chrome browser, you can do so using any of these Twitter video downloading services: TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSSTwitter, SaveTweetVid.
Here's how to do this:
- Go to the tweet that contains the video you want to download and copy its URL (or link).
- Open Google Chrome on iPhone and click on the link for any of the Twitter video downloaders listed above to open it.
- Once the downloader page opens, enter the URL of the video you copied earlier into the URL or Video Link field and hit the Download button (or anything equivalent).
- Depending on the service you're using, you may see options for selecting the video file format or its quality. Choose one accordingly to download the video in your desired format and quality.
The best way to download Twitter videos without using an app is to use one of the many brilliant Twitter bots. Bots like @savevidbot, @downloaderbot and @GetVideoBot. The other option is to use iOS Shortcuts (TVDL 3.1 shortcut) as explained in the guide above. Finally, one can use a an online video download service like SaveTweetVid.com